Sunday, February 3, 2008

Super Bowl XLII Ads: Giants vs. Patriots 2nd Qtr.

Bridgestone Tires: Screaming Wildlife
I thought it was a Saab commercial for the first 10 seconds. The grasshopper *I think it was a grasshopper* screaming was the funniest, 5.9

Doritos Music
Eehh...not too sure what to think. Clearly an attempt to drive votes/web traffic..I imagine we'll see a lot of this tonight. 3.5

Wanted
Looks pretty bad ass, and I'm sure I will see it, so it's a success. 7.5 (Angelina Jolie 10)

G2 Gatorade
Kinda funny at the end..should've just used Payton Manning the entire time, still not too sure what the different is between G2 and...G1? 4.8

Godaddy Danica Patrick ***
We'll find out how much Danica exposed, but im sure it isn't much. Then again, I'm going to visit the site just in case. 8

Dell
Felt cut off...very cut off...didn't make me want to do anything. 2.5

FedEx Pigeon Distruction
Pretty good. I always like a nice chaos commercial 7.9

Cars.com Circle of Fire
Turned the tables on a cars salesman, you gotta like that. They managed to talk about their newest feature *cell phone listings* and made it entertaining. 7.6

Tide to Go Talking Stain
Hillarious...8.1

Budweiser "Thunder Training"
Pretty good..the dalmation made me think of Miller Lite vs. Budweiser ads, so I was thinking it was going in a different direction entirely. Still funny. 7.5

Ironman Movie
Eehh..might see it..looked okay..just okay. 3.0

Toyota Corola,
It would've made sense to go for the "cheap car gets awsome fuel mileage, but they went for the entertaining approach, and I think it went "just okay" 5.5

Leatherheads Movie
Looks funny, will likely see it...7.0

Garmin, Napoleon
I liked it, plus I'm actually in the market for a nav system, so I'm glad I reached their target market. 7.2

CareerBuilder Follow your heart
It was okay...probably a lot of people who would love to tell their boss they quit, not too many that want their heart to get ripped out though...6.9

Sobe Life Water, dancing lizzards.
Funny, what the commercials are supposed to be about. People will talk about this. Hopefully everyone will remember that it was a Sobe ad..and not just the dancing lizzard ad. 8.8

Parents the Anti Drug...pretty good for a Super Bowl ad/ public announcement (N/A)

Yukon Hybrid
I'd like to see more car, and actual MPG info, etc. Just okay. 4.3

Bud Light Accent
Ehh..I just expect more out of their Super Bowl ads, just okay. 4.3

Narnia Movie
Doesn't really interest me, and to be honest, I was looking forward to the next ad as soon as this one started. 2.5


Planters Uni-Brow
Funny, entertaining..Another good example of what a Super Bowl ad should be. 7.7

T-Mobile: Charles Barkley and Dwayne Wade
Sir Charles usually provides a good laugh. I think they should've talked more about their product. 5.2

United Way
Just a PA, so we have to like that...not meant to be entertaining, N/A

Pepsi: Justin TImberlake
Another great ad by Pepsi..they've found the right firm this year. Funny and good way to brand their new points promo. 8.9

Doritos: Mouse Trap
WTF? I laughed, so I was entertained, but food and varmen rarely generate buzz. 5.5

*** Okay, it took Tom Petty three songs to get the energy up, so I checked out the GoDaddy.com Danica Patrick commercial, and it was pretty funny. Playing off the Paris Hilton *I see you*.. Bob Parsons is brilliant (GoDaddy.com Founder and CEO)

No comments: